Wednesday 1 February 2012

Calderdale Hike 2012 - GPX, TCX, KML

As part of my ultrarunning plans this year I am attempting the 37 mile mammoth challenge known as the Calderdale Hike.

The only reference points given for navigation are UK Grid references. How you get between the points is entirely up to you.

To make this muddy uphill struggle slightly easier on the navigation side of things, I have painstakingly entered all the coordinates into an OS map, and plotted the most efficient route from checkpoint to checkpoint.  I have taken into account inclines and surfaces.  I prefer to run on trails rather than roads, so where there is a trail, I have used it!

Always bring a map and compass for safety.  This route should only be used as a guideline and a quick reference point to stop you going too far off track.

If you use this and appreciate my effort, then buy me a beer with paypal!




You can download the GPX HERE

PLEASE NOTE:  This route has not been recce'd, it is simply drawn from plotted checkpoint coordinates, joined together with footpaths and roads available on Calderdale Council OS maps.  There is no official route.  Always recce the course before the race, use maps and common sense in every situation.

If you need it in any other format, please see my other post on trail mapping resources and use bikehike.


1 comment:

  1. this looks great, I'll buy you a beer on monday as long as I haven't been gored by a llama or anything at the weekend!
    Thanks,
    Graham

    ReplyDelete